What we thought we knew about parenting when (or before) we began this journey certainly evolves. Realistically speaking, we realize how much we didn’t know before cradling that baby in our arms, rushing about for the elementary-aged child, or navigating the attitude-ridden teenage years. And then of course, there’s the unique and often challenging journey of foster care and adoption. Suffice it to say, we’ve learned a lot. But more importantly, we grow.
During this episode, the trio discusses…
- How their individual views on parenting have changed in the last two decades.
- One thing they each wish they would’ve have known back then.
- How they’ve each navigated the foster care system and the unique experience they’ve had of adoptive parenting together.
- What they would tell new parents about finding a community.
- What are some of the criteria for close friendships when raising children, especially children who have experienced trauma.
- How they used to believe that there was a right way to be a parent and that if they did everything right they could guarantee the outcome of their parenting (FALSE! ;-))
Also on the show…
- Get your ticket to Insight Virtual Conference 2022! Insight is coming in less than a month, on March 23rd and 24th, exclusively online. We are excited to feature world-renowned speakers and thought leaders such as Jeff Noble, Deborah Gray, Dr. Laura Anderson, Jessica Sinarski, Mike and Kristin Berry, Gaelin Elmore, Chuck Hagele, Justin and Alexis Black, Sherrie Eldridge and MORE! These 2 days will be beyond transformational for those who attend. Will you be there? Lock in your ticket now. Click Here to register!
Thanks for stopping by this week 😉