With the exception of “guest posts” written by others (see the bottom of this page), we (Mike and Kristin Berry) own the content on this Web site. It is copyrighted in our name and The Honestly Adoption Company, LLC. We want to explain the appropriate balance between getting our content widely distributed while also protecting our intellectual property rights. Thank you for your cooperation with this.
What You Can Do Without Our Permission:
You are free to do the following without our permission:
- Link to our site or any specific post on our site.
- Extract and re-post less than 200 words on any other site, provided you link back to the original post.
- Print off our posts and photocopy up to 50 copies for internal distribution within your own company or organization only.
- Print our posts in any non-commercial publication (e.g., company newsletter, church newsletter, class syllabus, non-paid event notes, etc.), provided you include this copyright notice: “© 2020, Mike & Kristin Berry, The Honestly Adoption Company, LLC. All rights reserved. Originally published at www.honestlyadoption.com.”
What You Cannot Do Without Our Permission
You must have our express written consent to do any of the following:
- Use this content in for commercial purposes, including selling or licensing printed or digital versions of our content.
- Alter, transform, or build upon this work.
Re-posting and Translation Rights
We do not permit the re-posting of our posts in their entirety. This is because Google penalizes websites for publishing duplicate content. It often can’t tell which site hosts the original, so we risk getting penalized for granting permission.
In addition, we don’t allow the translation and publication of our work in other languages. We don’t have the resources to validate the quality of the work.
Guest bloggers retain the copyright to the posts they write. The above permission guidelines do not apply to their work. If you are interested in re-posting or publishing their content, you must contact them directly. The two of us, nor anyone on our team, cannot serve as a broker, agent, or contact point.
If you have additional use for our content that is not covered here, please email us here.