The adoption and foster care journey can take its toll on us. We’re not saying that our children take a toll on us. It’s just the exhaustion of understanding diagnosis, managing difficult behaviors, navigating a difficult foster care system, and trying to find the best services for our children, in a world that offers zero help in the mental health arena.
Add in a global pandemic for the past 2 years and we find ourselves in a full-blown crisis personally. How do we care for ourselves, as caregivers, while we stay hands-on with our children?
In this episode, we discuss…
- The realities of the mental health care system in the US (and globally)
- The unique ways each of us care for ourselves and our own mental health
- How we can find hope as caregivers when we feel like we’re only surrounded by storms.
Also on the show…
- Road Trip is open for registration! We talked a little about being a dad and needing support and Mike mentioned Road Trip for dads, happening this October in the mountains of Colorado Springs. Click Here to learn more!
- Oasis Community. In light of taking care of our own mental health, and the great need we have for community and connection, the crew talked about creating Oasis Community to be that for caregivers. You can try it out for free for 30 days (no strings attached!). Click Here to activate your trial.
Thanks for stopping by this week 😉