As we conclude our series, Becoming Pro-Human, we’re ending with arguably the most important aspect of this journey: listening. In fact, we actually show the greatest care and concern for others when we choose to listen. But what does it really mean to listen? And what does this mean for us as foster and adoptive parents, caring for children who have, and will, experience big feelings, and emotions?
In this episode, we discuss…
- What it really means to care for humans through listening.
- The importance of validation
- When it comes to our children’s big feeling moments, reacting with compassion.
- Taking a posture of curiosity & empathy (especially when our children are expressive)
- The importance of not being defensive and not reacting in panic
Also on the show…
- Get our Behavior Response Blueprint + Scripts! It’s a free download. Click Here.
Thanks for stopping by this week 😉