Today we’re launching Season 2 of The Honestly Speaking Parent Podcast and we are so excited. We have so many great things planned over the next few months. Today, we’re talking about escaping hurt and finding hope as a foster or adoptive parent.
It’s a big question moving into a brand New Year: How can you move past pain and defeat and into a season of hopefulness? Today, we’re sharing a recap of Monday’s blog post, 5 Ways To Find Hope In The New Year, and we’re also excited to share a excerpt from last month’s webinar with The Refresh Conference founders, Andrew and Michele Schneidler.
The Refresh Conference was started from one single dream: foster and adoptive parents need to know they are not alone and there is hope. To hear Andrew and Michele’s story and the reasoning behind why they do what they do, is a powerful message of hope!
Listen To The Podcast.
Notes and Quotes from the Show.
As we started off the show, we mentioned a few big things that you need to know as we get the new season gets underway…
- Season 2 line-up. We have some amazing topics lined up for this brand new season of Honestly Speaking. We will be talking about everything from Breaking The Cycle of Foster Care to What Local Law Enforcement Misunderstand About Special Needs, to Fighting The Lonely Battle Of Special Needs. We have some amazing guests lined up. We can’t wait for you to tune in! Click here to see the full line-up.
- New Show Format. In this new season we will begin co-hosting most of the episodes with our good friend Nicole Goerges. We love the discussions that the three of us have, but especially the insight and wisdom that Kristin and Nicole combined share.
- 5 Ways to Find Hope in the New Year. This past Monday, we posed a big question with our post, 5 Ways To Find Hope In The New Year. But when it comes to foster and adoptive parenting, this is easier said than done.
Resources and Links.
Here are some of the resources and links that we mentioned during the show…
- The Refresh Conference.
- “You Are Not Alone” Video
- Platform University.
- Focus On The Family Radio.
Andrew and Michele from Refresh shared some amazing content during the portion of the show where we shared their recording from a recent webinar we did with them. Below is a PDF download of their points…
Thanks for tuning in to today’s episode. If you’re a subscriber on iTunes we would love to hear your feedback and your review of the show. Click here to visit our iTunes page.
[reminder]What’s one thing you are going to do in the New Year to move past hurt and find hope?[/reminder]