[button href=”https://www.youtube.com/confessionsofanadoptiveparent” primary=”true” centered=”true” newwindow=”true”]Click Here To Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel[/button]
For the next several weeks we are asking the question, “Is it disobedience or something else?” The reality is, children who have experienced significant trauma display behaviors that can often be misinterpreted as disobedience. But the truth is, there is so much more going on.
Listen to the audio player now:
- Click here to visit the our show’s webpage
- Click here to subscribe to our YouTube page
- Click here to subscribe on iTunes
- Click here to subscribe on Stitcher
- Click here to subscribe on Spotify
- Click here to subscribe on Google Play (Available Soon)
On Today’s Show We Discuss…
Common Trauma Behaviors Such As:
- Fight, flight or freeze
- Food hoarding
- Disagreeable behaviors (glass is half empty)
- Indiscriminately affectionate
- Lying or manipulating
Why do we go to the survival brain? To survive!
Why do our kids get stuck in survival brain? They are triggered over and over and that causes a glitch to form in their processing.
What can we do?
- Know your child- know the why!
- Co-regulate first- create safety
- Address the needs first, then behaviors second
- Understand that healing can only happen when a child is in a regulated state of being.
[reminder]After listening to, or watching, today’s show, what additional questions do you have? Leave us a comment in the comment section below this post.[/reminder]