In our latest episode of The Honestly Adoption Podcast, Mike, Kristin and Nicole have a candid conversation about the fallacies in education (especially when they first began this journey), how there’s no one right way to help our children process what they’ve been through, the importance of NOT keep your child’s adoption story from them, choosing to meet our children where they are in the messy and the hard, and much much more!
(There may have even been a squirrel moment….like an ACTUAL squirrel moment…not even kidding!)
The trio also talked about….
- Feeling angry for our children, and holding space for their own anger
- How it’s not our job as parents to “soften the blow” of the hard edges of this journey
- The importance of leaning in with curiosity (and not words) when our children express their thoughts.
- Being comfortable with the fact that we share our kids with their biological parents.
Also On The Show…
- THERE’S STILL TIME to get access to The Insight Virtual Conference! Even though the Live broadcast of Insight 2022 has concluded you can still get a ticket and catch the replays! PLUS, you can still get access to more than 15 hours of foster training content (and Continuing Education if you’re a pro). Click Here to get your “At The Door” ticket today!
Thanks for stopping by this week 😉