We wanted to take a moment, in the middle of this series, to share some things that are near and dear to our heart, and have helped us become better caregivers!
Here are a few of our personal favorite resources for foster and adoptive parents, as mentioned In the episode:
- The Mystery Of Risk: Drugs, Alcohol, Pregnancy, and The Vulnerable Child, Dr. Ira J Chasnoff. One of the best books for understanding the effects of substance exposure prenatally.
- Understood.org. Premier website that helps caregivers who are parenting children with ADHD.
- Brooke Randolph: Therapist, Author, Speaker & Trainer. Brooke is a partner of Honestly Adoption and our go-to resource for brain spotting and so much more!
- The Indiana Alliance On Prenatal Substance Exposure. An amazing resource for caregivers caring for a child with an FASD.
- Preply online tutoring. One of the best sites for finding a tutor who can help your child.
- Cam Lee, Therapy Redeemed. An amazing site focused on adoption reform and racial justice
- Ibada Dance. A dance studio that provides cultural enrichment, discipline, arts education, and opportunities to build and empower youth, young adults, and communities through the art of dance.
- NTI Upstream. An organization dedicated to advancing the conversation about the issues of health and social welfare.
- Guided Growth. A book by Dr. Ira Chasnoff and Dr. Ronald Powell focused on educational and behavioral interventions for children and teens with fetal alcohol spectrum disorders and early trauma.
- Foster The Family Support Groups. An initiative from Jamie Finn and Foster The Family to provide in-person support for foster families around the U.S.
- Road Trip for Foster & Adoptive Dads. A 3-day event in the mountains of Colorado exclusively for foster and adoptive dads.
Thanks for stopping by this week 😉