One of the things we LOVE about hosting this podcast, is the deeply valuable lessons we learn from our guests. We intentionally schedule guests who challenge us, inspire us, and motivate us. This discussion with Marcie was one of the most aw-inspiring and thought-provoking interviews we’ve done in the 5 year history of this show! You will love this ever-important topic of re-learning history! That’s why we are excited to air this Encore Episode with Marcie Walker!
A little more about Marcie…
Marcie is a writer and the creator of the blog and Instagram feed, Black Coffee with White Friends and Mockingbird History Lessons.
She talks a lot about what it means to embrace intersectionality, diversity and inclusion in our daily lives. She is also a history enthusiast and believes that learning comprehensive history from diverse narratives is not only racially healing but also radically anti- racist.
She recently moved to Chicago, Illinois with her husband, daughter, and their dog Evie where she actively reads a lot of books, watches a lot of movies and drinks a lot of tea and coffee (seriously, she gave us a major craving for a frothy mocha while we were chatting!).
How to connect with Marcie…
- Black Coffee With White Friends page
- Black Coffee With White Friends Instagram
- Mockingbird History Lessons Instagram
- Black Coffee With White Friends Linktree
- Mockingbird History Lessons Linktree
More from the show…
- The Insight Virtual Conference is coming April 29th & 30th! We are excited to welcome thought-provoking and inspirational speakers to our virtual stage such as, Dr. Ira Chasnoff, Deborah Gray, Dr. Laura Anderson, Ligia Cushman, Jamie Finn, Jeff Noble, Lisa Qualls, Melissa Corkum, and many more! EARLY BIRD PRICING is available but the price is going up beginning April 18th! Don’t wait to save your spot. Click Here to register!
Thanks for stopping by this week!