One of the things we LOVE about hosting this podcast, is the deeply valuable lessons we learn from our guests. We intentionally schedule guests who challenge us, inspire us, and motivate us. This discussion with Marcie was one of the most aw-inspiring and thought-provoking interviews we’ve done in the 5 year history of this show! We promise…you will love Marcie and her amazing perspective on the topic of re-learning history!
A little more about Marcie…
Marcie is a writer and the creator of the blog and Instagram feed, Black Coffee with White Friends and Mockingbird History Lessons.
She talks a lot about what it means to embrace intersectionality, diversity and inclusion in our daily lives. She is also a history enthusiast and believes that learning comprehensive history from diverse narratives is not only racially healing but also radically anti- racist.
She recently moved to Chicago, Illinois with her husband, daughter, and their dog Evie where she actively reads a lot of books, watches a lot of movies and drinks a lot of tea and coffee (seriously, she gave us a major craving for a frothy mocha while we were chatting!).
How to connect with Marcie…
- Black Coffee With White Friends page
- Black Coffee With White Friends Instagram
- Mockingbird History Lessons Instagram
- Black Coffee With White Friends Linktree
- Mockingbird History Lessons Linktree
More from the show…
- NEW BOOK! Our new book Securely Attached: How Understanding Childhood Trauma Will Transform Your Family is now available! Click Here to learn all about it (+ special bonus content you receive when you order your very own copy)
- OUR NEW PODCAST PAGE IS LIVE! We’ve been sharing, and we hope you’ve been checking! We have a brand new home for all things Honestly Adoption Podcast. Click Here to check out the new digs (+ subscribe, + catch up on past episodes!)
- NEW ONLINE TRAINING NOW AVAILABLE! We just published a brand new online training with an incredible panel of adult adoptees called Insights & Strategies For Transracial Adoptive Parents: An Open And Honest Conversation With Adult Transracial Adoptees, and it’s AWESOME! For a very very limited time you can get a bunch of extra bonuses when you sign up by October 31st. Click Here to reserve your spot now!
Thanks for stopping by this week!