The more I’ve learned about this organization, the more intrigued I’ve become. In the foster care and adoptive world, there is a great need for more families to step up and stand up for children in need of homes.
They also have several public service ads on YouTube that are quite humorous. Their tagline is simply, “You don’t have to be perfect to be a perfect parent. Thousands of kids in foster care will take you just as you are.” Here’s one of my favorites…
You can watch more ads by visiting their YouTube channel here.
To support their mission of raising public awareness about the need for foster and adoptive families, they also provide the following services:
- On-site and off-site technical assistance for U.S. States, Territories, Tribes, and Courts through the National Resource Center for Diligent Recruitment at AdoptUSKids.
- A national public awareness outreach campaign done in coordination with the Ad Council through radio, print, and TV public service advertisements with the theme “You Don’t Have to be Perfect to be a Perfect Parent.”
- A toll-free information and referral line for families and professionals at (888) 200-4005.
- A full service website with photolistings of children and families, information on adoption and foster care guidelines across the country, and resources for recruiting and retaining families.
- Support for foster and adoptive families through the provision of short-term, mini-grants for parent support groups.
- Evaluation and research on evidence-based foster and adoption practices.
If you have been thinking about adoption or foster care, I highly encourage you to check out AdoptUSKids. You can visit their website by clicking here.
If you want to dialogue more about the foster care or adoption process, I would love to hear from you. Click below to leave a comment and start the conversation!