Well, in short, it’s not easy. But it is possible. It takes patience, understanding, and compassion. Beyond that, it takes understanding how to connect with your child through these emotions, and how you can work to build a healthy attachment with your child, even through the hard seasons, like Christmas. We are thrilled to share this recent interview with did with our good friend, and licensed clinical social worker, Deborah Gray. In the interview she shares practical steps to help our children cope with grief during the holidays.
A little more about Deborah Gray…
Deborah Gray, MPA, LICSW specializes in the attachment, grief, and trauma issues of children in her practice, Nurturing Attachments. Her passion is to help families develop close, satisfying relationships. In 2015 Deborah received a lifetime achievement award from the International ATTACh organization for her contributions to the attachment field. Deborah is core faculty for the Attachment/Trauma-Focused Therapy Program and Portland State University Foster and Adoption Therapy Program. She is the author of the books: Attaching in Adoption: Practical Tools for Today’s Parents, Nurturing Adoptions: Creating Resilience after Neglect and Trauma, Attaching with Love, Hugs, and Joy, and co-author of Games and Activities for Attaching with Your Child.
How to connect with Deborah…
- Nurturing Attachments website
- Buy Deborah’s book, Attaching In Adoption
- Buy Deborah’s book, Attaching Through Love, Hugs, and Play
Also on the show…
- Get FREE access to our Holiday Survival Guide. We’ve bundled together 4 different interviews we did with trauma-trained therapists on surviving the holidays and they are now available. Click Here to download!
- Get 15% off our training webinars and online courses in Honestly Adoption University now! Click Here to browse and use the coupon code HOLIDAY20 to receive your discount! **Limited Time Offer
Thanks for stopping by this week!